Fire Permits

Back up your burning activities with the proper paperwork

The County has a year-round permitting system. This means that you need a fire permit for practically any type of burning — at any time of the year. The sole exceptions are backyard fire pits.

To get the permits you need, contact the Fire Guardian in your division, or call the County Administration Office at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722).

Fire & Fireworks Permits

Back up your burning activities with the proper paperwork

Your Fire Guardian is Your Friend

To obtain a fire permit or fireworks permit, please consult the list below to contact the Fire Guardian in your division. Alternatively, you can call the County Administration Office at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722).




1 & 2
Tracey Brown
780.497.0585 (cell)
2 & 3
Stephen DeZaeyer (north of Hwy 37)
4 & 5
Samme Bradshaw
780.919.9966 (cell)
4, 6 & 7
Jurgen Preugschas

About Existing Fires or Ground Fires

Please note that Fire Permits will not be issued for existing fires or ground fires. Therefore, any of these types of fires must be extinguished immediately. 

If your plans at any time of the year include fireworks or burning activities, a fire permit is mandatory.

If you're unable to reach a Fire Guardian in your division, please contact the County Administration Office at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722).

Fire Services News

You Need a Fire Permit for Almost All Burning Activities

It is unlawful to burn without a fire permit. Note that a fireworks permit is not required for retail or family celebrations, but in the case of high hazard potential fireworks, you will require a permit. Also note that fireworks can't be set off at times of fire bans to ensure optimal safety. Please review Fire Services Bylaw #29-2020.

Fireworks training is available online and we invite you to view one of the following website for further details: Canadian National Fireworks Association – Representing the Canadian Fireworks industry.

Fire and Fireworks Permits are FREE, so your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Residents interested in obtaining Forest & Prairie (Wildfire) Insurance should contact their insurance agent, as a number of insurance companies and brokers offer this type of insurance coverage as an add-on to existing farm/house policies.

If there is a fire on your property and Lac Ste. Anne County Fire Services provides fire suppression, the County may invoice the land owners for those costs. Please call the Fire Services Department should you have any questions regarding fire insurance or billing for fire suppression costs at 780.785.3411 (toll-free1.866.880.5722).

Fire Guardians
Fire Guardians have the authority to restrict burning, or not issue a permit at all, if weather conditions exist.

Let's Work Together

We encourage you to work with your division's Fire Guardian for pre-planning of your burning, such as pile sizes, location of piles, weather concerns, and the necessary equipment to have on hand. Please note that Fire Guardians will respond within 24 hours to make arrangements for issuing a fire permit, so please plan your burning with this in mind.

Get to Know Farm FireSmart

"We launched FireSmart to help our producers mitigate wildfire risks. We discuss limitations, and also cover the things they can do in order to protect their property, their livestock, and each other."
— Randy Schroeder, County Fire Chief
Expression of Interest
Farm FireSmart Program
Fire Guardians
Fire & Fireworks Permits
Recruitment Drive

Main Website Navigation