Each tax season, Lac Ste. Anne County FCSS provides tax prep assistance via its Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). The CVITP is a partnership between the Canada Revenue Agency and Community Organizations that host tax preparation clinics and arrange for volunteers to prepare income tax and benefit returns for eligible citizens.
Under this program, volunteers assist qualified candidates in preparing their Income Tax Returns. The returns are then completed between March 1 and April 15 of each year (dates adjusted in 2020 due to COVID-19).
CVITP Program Resumes in a Limited Capacity
Although in a limited capacity, Community Services is now able to process 2019 income tax filing through the CVITP program for clients who qualify. Please note that due to health risks associated to COVID-19, the document pick-up service will not be available this year.
If you wish to participate in the CVITP program, contact Community Services Coordinator Taryn Monteith at tmonteith (@) LSAC.ca or 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722). Please see qualifiction criteria below.
TOTAL FAMILY INCOME
More than 5 Persons
$53,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person
Returns cannot be completed by our volunteers if:
- You're self-employed or have employment expenses
- You have business income and expenses (unless income is in box 048 on a T4A slip and less than $1,000 with no related expenses)
- You have rental income and expenses
- You have interest income over $1,000
- You have capital gains or losses
- You have filed for bankruptcy
- You're completing a tax return for a deceased person
- You are foreign workers
- Personal information (address, birthdate, Social Insurance Number, marital status)
- Dependents’ information (spouse/children’s names, birth dates)
- All “T” slips (T4, T4A, OAS, etc)
- All forms, schedules and labels you have received from Revenue Canada
- Receipts for any expenses, such as medical, moving, tuition, sporting activities, etc.
- Previous year’s tax return, if available