Transfer Station Cards

Show your Card Before you Dump

The County's Transfer Station Card program makes access to solid waste services easy and equitable. The cards comply with barcode scanners, allowing site operators to quickly approve valid cards, as well as invalidate non-County and expired cards.

Transfer Station Cards

Show Your Card before You Dump

County residents wishing to dispose of household waste at any of our eight Transfer Stations and Main Landfill Site MUST present their Transfer Station Card, in addition to a valid, government issued piece of photo identification to the site operator.

The County provides water, sewer and solid waste collection services to ratepayers.
The County provides water, sewer and solid waste collection services to ratepayers.

New or Replacement Transfer Station Cards

If you are a property owner in Lac Ste. Anne County and did not receive your Transfer Station cards, please contact the County administration office at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722).

If you have lost your Transfer Station card, you can purchase a new one from the County Administration Office for a fee of $20.00.

To activate your Transfer Station cards, a completed Solid Waste Activation form is required. The Activation form can be obtained by visiting the Lac Ste. Anne County website at WWW.LSAC.CA. Completed forms can be mailed to Lac Ste. Anne County at Box 219 Sangudo, AB T0E 2A0 or emailed to LSAC@LSAC.CA. Once both your Utility Fee and your Solid Waste Activation Form are processed, your Transfer Station cards will be activated within five business days.

Please note some exemptions do apply to the Solid Waste Utility. An exemption will be made if you:

  • Are a resident of Sangudo;
  • Have contracted a third-party waste hauler which has a bin located on your residence in the County; or
  • The property owner pays the Solid Waste fee on their primary property, but owns an additional property that is unoccupied.

For details regarding these exemptions and whether they apply to you, please contact the County Administration Office at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722) or LSAC (@)

If you've lost your Transfer Station card, you can get a new one for a $20.00 fee. Call the County Administration Office for details.

County Minute: Water/Wastewater

"We’re proud to be partner members of the WILD Water Commission where we’ve been collaborating with adjacent municipalities for 12 to 15 years on some highly beneficial projects for the region. When we’re done, I believe we’re going to have the longest freshwater line in the province of Alberta."
— Reeve Joe Blakeman

Transfer Station Card FAQ

The Solid Waste Utility has been created to make billing of this essential service equal for everyone who owns or rents residential properties within Lac Ste. Anne County. Answers to some of the common questions that have arisen as a result of this change are listed below.

What happens if I don't pay the utility because I don't use the Transfer Stations?
The utility applies to all Lac Ste. Anne County residents that own residential improved properties. If the bill remains unpaid, the amount will be subject to standard utility collection.

Main Website Navigation