Lac Ste. Anne County is currently recruiting for the position of Property Assessor. This is a permanent full-time position.
Property Assessor | Competition # 2020-AT02
Lac Ste. Anne County is seeking a progressive, highly motivated individual to join its Assessment & Taxation team in the capacity of Property Assessor. Under the direction of the Assessment & Taxation Manager, this position will prepare assessments of properties for municipal taxation purposes in Lac Ste. Anne County, in accordance with the Municipal Government Act and Provincial regulations. The Property Assessor will be responsible for communicating with County ratepayers and other associated professionals, as well as the following:
- Carry out field inspections to collect, verify, and perform data entry of the physical property data for the various properties in the County.
- Verify and analyze sales data for valuation/ assessment purposes.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with other County departments and employees, as well as other interested stakeholders.
- Working toward, or have acquired, an Accredited Municipal Assessor of Alberta (A.M.A.A.) or equivalent designation
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and associated assessment regulations
- Ability to organize and carry out the employment responsibilities with a minimal amount of supervision
- Have good verbal and written public relation skills, treating County ratepayers and other interested parties in a courteous fashion
- Working knowledge of the CAMAlot assessment software system & APEX drawing program
Salary range: The County offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits: A comprehensive municipal benefits package is available, including an Earned Days Off program.
Work hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, based on 35 hours per week.
Closing date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The County thanks all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.