Lac Ste. Anne County is an exciting place to be. Located in Northwestern Alberta, this unblemished natural capital rich region has a diverse population of more than 10,000. We are fortunate to have abundant natural resources, a rich heritage and economic opportunities. However our success and expansion present challenges such as development of agricultural land, infrastructure and recreation based development that need, imaginative ideas to address them.
The Municipal Development Plan is a long-term strategic Plan for managing regional growth over the next 20 years in our region. Based on population projections, we are expected to almost double by 2033.
The MDP sets the vision on how to accommodate this growth responsibly. The MDP will serve as an important decision making tool for the Reeve & Council, administration, and stakeholders.
- Complete Final Approved MDP
- Part 1 - Project Background and Context MDP (January 2016)
- Part 2 - Policy Areas MDP (January 2016)
- Part 3 - General Development Policies MDP (January 2016)
- Part 4 - Implementation Strategy MDP (January 2016)
- Part 5 - Definitions MDP (January 2016)
- Table of Contents MDP (January 2016)
- Part 7-Direct Control Districts (Appendix A)
- Table of Contents LUB 24-2014