Lac Ste. Anne County is accredited for Safety Codes Approval in all areas (building, electrical, gas/propane, plumbing and private sewage disposal) except fire, primary electrical and telecommunications lines.
Obtaining all the Safety Code Permits (building, electrical, plumbing, gas, and private sewage permits) are a requirement of the Alberta Safety Codes Act. For Lac Ste. Anne County they are issued through the Planning & Development. The permits allow 90 days for completion after permit approval. If necessary, before the permit expires, you may apply for a time extension.
Some of the Basics
Every new home built in Alberta is protected under warranty, thanks to Alberta's New Home Buyer Protection Act.
New homes (single detached family homes/duplexes/multi-family homes/condominiums/manufactured homes/recreational properties) include, at a minimum, a warranty for:
- One year labour and materials
- Two years for defects in labour and materials related to delivery and distribution systems
- Five years building envelop protection, with a requirement for the warranty provider to offer the consumer the option to purchase additional years of coverage and,
- 10 year coverage for major structural components.
Learn more about Alberta's better warranty standards and get to know your role at http://homewarranty.alberta.ca
Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/home_warranties_faqs
Effective date: The Act applies only to new homes constructed under a building permit applied for on or after February 1, 2014 in-force date of the Act.
Building Code Information
- Fees for Safety Codes Services Bylaw
- LSAC Energy Efficiency Requirements
- Private Sewage System Setback Requirements
- Private Sewage System Standards (Amended March 2011)
- Re-Open Safety Code Permit
- Safety Code Permits - Why The Need
- Safety Codes Act
- Time Extension Request - Safety Codes
- When to call for Inspection (Homeowners)
Checklists and Information
- 9.36 Energy Efficiency Checklist
- 10 Electrical Service Questions
- Building Permit Requirements Checklist
- Deck Details July 2013
- Detached Garage Checklist July 2013
- Manufactured, Mobile Modular Checklist July 2013
- Solid Fuel Burning Appliance Information July 2013
- Commonly Asked Questions (Permit Handbook)
- Development Permit Brochure - 2018
- Electrical Information (Permit Handbook)
- Non-Residential Building Information (Permit Handbook)
- Permit Application Requirements Information (Permit Handbook)
- Plumbing Information (Permit Handbook)
- Private Sewage System Information (Permit Handbook)
- Residential Building Information (Permit Handbook)