Lac Ste. Anne County is currently recruiting to fill two job openings for Records Management File Clerks. Both roles are for summer students in up to 4-month term summer positions.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Communications & Information Manager, these roles work closely with the Corporate Services team to:
• Receive files and maintain active hard copy records on-site into appropriate filing systems
• Classify paper and electronic records according to records retention schedule
• Prepare records for storage, boxing, and coding for archiving
• Transfer inactive hard copies to off-site storage for retention as needed
• Pack and label each file by identifying with appropriate record code
• Add metadata and templated information to each file, such as a date range and the subject of the records
• Identify documents eligible for destruction
The successful candidates will have the following:
• Ability and experience operating large format and small format printers and scanners is required
• Familiarization of all software required to perform duties – Laserfiche – is preferred
• Demonstrated formal training and working experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet) is required
• Demonstrated abilities in organizing and managing the assigned workload is required
• Demonstrated abilities in communication and interpersonal relationships is required
• Ability to work independently and as a team member are required
• Numerical proficiency for organizing records by numbering convention
Lac Ste. Anne County offers a competitive salary and an Earned Day Off program.
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.