Lac Ste. Anne County has an opening for a qualified Payroll Clerk to undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating wages, remittance of deductions and pension calculations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining compensation packages using the payroll software
- Collecting and verifying timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculating pay according to hrs worked incorporating leaves, overtime, legislated taxes and/or deductions, and when appropriate, bonuses/commissions
- Initiating/issuing statements, pay stubs and invoices, and maintaining records
- Updating paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
- Calculating unemployment and severance payments
- Investigating and resolving any discrepancies in payroll
- Preparing and submitting reports with payroll information to supervisor
A complete listing of job duties and qualifications for this position can be found in the Careers section.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.