Snow Clearing and Sanding/Scarifying, Summer Grass Mowing, and other Yard Maintenance at the Ste. Anne Emergency Response Centre, Mayerthorpe, Alberta (4814 – 42 Avenue)
Issue Date: February 12, 2018
Closing Date: February 26, 2018
Closing Time: On or before 11:59 am
Contractors wishing to submit quotations should do so no later than 11:59 am February 26, 2018, by submitting one copy of their quotation, including a detailed cost estimate and description of the scope of work, and any other documents supporting the contractor’s quotation to:
Attention Randy Schroeder, County Fire Chief
- Drop off: Lac Ste. Anne County Office, located at 56521 Rge Rd 65, Sangudo, Alberta
- Via facsimile at: 780-785- 2985
- Via mail at: Lac Ste. Anne County, Box 219, Sangudo, Alberta, T0E 2A0
Lac Ste. Anne County requires a contractor to provide Snow Clearing and Sanding/Scarifying, Summer Grass Mowing, and other Yard Maintenance to the Town of Mayerthorpe – Lac Ste. Anne County jointly-operated Ste. Anne Emergency Response Centre, located at 4814 – 42 Avenue, within the Town of Mayerthorpe. As the Ste. Anne Emergency Response Centre provides emergency response for both Fire and Ambulance, the need for any apparatus to be able to safely enter and exit any of the overhead bay doors during inclement weather is of utmost importance.
Snow Clearing services would be required, on a priority basis, to remove significant snow accumulation (snowfalls of 3 inches or more) or by request of the County Fire Chief or designate from the asphalt pad in front of all seven (7) bay doors, the front parking lot, the main front sidewalk, the sidewalks leading to and from the adjacent Mayerthorpe Training Centre building and the rear parking lot at the Ste. Anne Emergency Response Centre. The work involves the continuous availability and supply of the necessary equipment, materials and qualified operators on demand.
Summer grass mowing shall occur at a frequency sufficient to keep the grass at a length not exceeding 4 inches, and to conduct weed control as necessary around the site and buildings, primarily by weed trimmers. Chemical control shall be approved on a case by case basis by the County Fire Chief or designate.
A mandatory site visit is required by all potential contractors prior to bidding to satisfy themselves by personal examination as to the local conditions to be met with during the conduct of the work. No allowance shall be made by Lac Ste. Anne County or the Town of Mayerthorpe for the contractor’s failure to examine the site.
Contractors shall make their own estimate of the difficulties to be encountered. No claim shall be allowed at any time after submission of the quotation that there was any misunderstanding of the terms and conditions of the contract relating to work conditions. Failure to make the necessary examinations shall not be accepted as an excuse for any default on the part of the successful bidder to fulfill in every detail all the requirements of the said contract or be accepted as a basis for any claims whatsoever for extra compensation or an extension of time.
- Quote shall be an hourly cost of all equipment and labour, etc., and state material costs for sanding purposes or chemical controls separately.
- Work required consists of the mobilization (delivery) and supply of snow removal/mowing equipment with operator.
- Demobilization shall be considered incidental to the work and will not be measured separately for payment.
- The scope of the work consists of the removal of significant snow accumulation of three (3) inches or more that may fall overnight or throughout a day.
- It is anticipated that work will commence upon the first significant snow fall in the Fall of a given year, or by direction of the County/Mayerthorpe Fire Chief, and will continue through to the Spring of a given year for weed/grass control.
- There shall be no payment for down time caused by equipment breakdowns. Maintenance and repairs to the equipment shall be the responsibility of the successful Contractor and the successful Contractor shall have no basis for claim for any costs associated with any maintenance or repairs required.
- The successful Contractor shall have no basis for payment during down times associated with inclement weather or unusual circumstances.
- The successful Contractor shall ensure that all equipment operators are competent and safety oriented. Equipment operators shall be required to comply with all Lac Ste. Anne County Safety Policies pertaining to the duties performed.
- The County shall have the right to remove any equipment operator that it deems to be performing work in an unsafe manner or is incompetent in the opinion of the County.
- The successful Contractor shall provide a copy of insurance indicating two (2) million liability insurance coverage.
- The successful Contractor shall provide written confirmation of WCB coverage in good standing.
- The successful Contractor shall provide written confirmation of a Town of Mayerthorpe current Business License.
Contractors are advised that the lowest cost proposal will not necessarily be awarded the contract, as the selection will be based on qualification criteria and cost is only one of the criteria. Qualification criteria include previous experience, quality of previous work, availability and price. All quotations received by the deadline will be reviewed and evaluated using these criteria. Based on this evaluation, a recommendation will be forwarded to the Ste. Anne Emergency Response Centre Committee at their April 24, 2018 meeting.
The selection of a contractor is a competitive process and therefore Lac Ste. Anne County reserves the right to accept or reject in whole or in part any or all proposals and cancel all or part of this RFQ process for any reason at the sole discretion of Lac Ste. Anne County and to negotiate contracts with the selected contractor whose proposal is considered to be the most acceptable to the Ste. Anne Emergency Response Centre Committee.